Tuesday, March 19, 2013

It Snowed Last Night

It snowed last night and left us with 4 inches of the white stuff.  The remainder of the week is suppossed to sunny and warmer so the snow won't last more than today.

I keep looking out the window and imaging what the yard will look like in a few more months, lush and green.

Last week I put together my list of TO DO's and my list of TA DA's (completed) to help keep me on track. 
TA DA:
ordered the chickens
picked up free cabinets for the gardening shed                                   
picked up lumber for 4 raised beds
cleaned the yard of storm debris                                                    
sorted seeds from last year
purchased organic seeds for this year
marked planting sticks to identify plants
still watching more videos on homesteading and raising chickens
still reading up on homesteading and raising chickens and goats

TO DO:                                                                                          
 build new raised beds
 prepare last years beds for planting
 plant seeds indoors for early start
 get barrels for collecting rain water for irrigation 
 pick up free pallets for compost bins                                               
 arrange with local farmer for compost delivery
 build or buy chicken coop/yard
 build garden shed
 mend back porch
get composted material from the woods. FREE!
prepare beds for planting i.e. trellis's etc
set out clotheslines
spring cleaning in the RV.
purchase and plant cherry trees
prepare and plant flower beds along front walkway
get screened doors for kitchen french doors.
fence in backyard to keep critters out.
 
 Guess I will work on unfinished winter projects today, such as the scarf I have been knitting for
my youngest daughter.  Later I will work on a sewing project, aprons.

Have a great day and let me know about your TO DO and TA DA lists.

No comments: