Sunday, October 20, 2013

Our First Egg!

We are so excited!  The first egg from our first flock was delivered at 1:30 p.m. today.....  The poor chicken shrieked as though she was being attacked so Nick ran into the hen house just in time to see what was happening.
I realize probably only other "chicken people" will understand, but that's okay.
We now hope the dozen of eggs we just bought will be the last one we buy.  It's been quite a while since my last visit to a big super-market and I was in shock by how much the prices have risen since my last visit.  $1 each for bell peppers and $4 to $5 if bought by the pound! Next year I will be planting extra peppers, etc and set up a farm stand and cut the prices of the stores. (I wish)

Time to put up some relish and bake some bread......
Have a lovely day.....

No comments: