Friday, March 7, 2014

Daylight savings time starts Sunday March 9

One more sign of spring is Daylight Savings Time which begins this Sunday morning.  It would be nice if the temperatures outside would start rising too.  

I am eager to start working in the garden, but right now it is still under 6 inches of hard snow.  The high temperature daily temperature these days has been in the 20sF so I have been keeping busy in my craft/sewing room.  My latest project is a large quilt which I hope will be completed this month.

Seeds for this year's garden have been ordered.  My focus is to grow the foods which we eat the most such as tomatoes, corn, peppers, and beans for canning and drying.  Of course there will also be carrots, onions, garlic, beets and possibly potatoes (if there is enough space).

All for now.

No comments: