Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Where's Spring? I'm freezing!

Last year at this time I had been working out in the garden building raised beds and creating new  planting areas, and my seedlings were nearly ready to start the hardening off process.  As of today, and these last few days of March, I am freezing, it is much too cold to work outdoors and I haven't started any seeds yet.  Today the wind is awful!  There is trash being blown around everywhere from where the trash barrels have blown over.  I am surprised to see the chickens are outside in this windstorm, although they are all huddled together in a hole they dug out near their hen-house.  I haven't ventured out to collect eggs yet, think I will leave that to Nick when he gets home from work.

The colder and more miserable it gets here the sooner I want to move to the new homestead.  We have found a few places to visit and hope one of these will be "the one".  It will be so nice to be someplace warmer than here, and to have enough land for animals and more garden space.

Time to get something hot to drink and warm-up.

No comments: