Friday, January 15, 2016

Source for Free Wood Chips delivered to Your Garden

This pile of chips is approx. 30-40 yards
This may be just too good to be true, and I will let you know when I receive my first delivery but this company they are a source for Arborists with wood chips to dump.  The average delivery is about 30 yards or a full dump truck.

Free Wood Chips Delivered 

Since I don't own a truck and therefore cannot collect all those wonderful chips I see piled by the highway near my home, this would solve my dilemma with how to get wood chips to my garden.

The pile of wood chips pictured was from a couple of trees a neighbor had removed.  The guy who did the work was very happy to be able to a place so nearby where he could dump this gold.  It took a year to break down during which time worms and mushrooms thrived, and in turn nourished my garden for free.

If this system of delivery works out here in CT, I will be requesting for many more deliveries at the farm.

No comments: