Sunday, April 13, 2014

I just couldn't wait another day.....

I gave in to Spring Fever and planted onions today!  My tomato and pepper seeds were planted into starter pots last weekend, but the weather has been so beautiful, finally, I just couldn't wait another week to plant something out in the garden.  It was a bit tricky however, the chickens were enjoying their time in the garden digging out bugs and they kept trying to get the onion sets from me as I was planting each one.

We finally have green grass which is so lovely after looking at all that dead, brown stuff for the last six months.  It won't be long now.  The trees are always fully leafed out by Mother's Day and it will once again be such a joy to be outdoors.

In the meantime I have been keeping very busy indoors, getting the house in shape to put on the market while also searching for our next home.  I am also starting a new blog called Time2Sew, on Wordpress.  It is, obviously, a site for sewing.  I have spent a life-time designing and creating most of what I use to decorate my home, or otherwise use, such as lots of bags in all shapes and sizes, clothes for myself and my daughters, etc.  So I have decided to share what I have learned and maybe make some new friends along the way.  Spring Fever has a way of making a person eager to try new things, and for me, this spring is having the same effect that caffeine has me...... just can't stop.

No comments: