Monday, April 21, 2014

The Seeds are Sprouting!

After what seems like such a long time, the seeds I planted in little paper cups have finally begun sprouting and are about 1" tall.  It is amazing what a good feeling these little bits of green can produce in a person.   It is still cold outside, but with this little bit of green at my window I can envision a garden full of tall, leafy plants full of ripe fruit in my backyard garden. 

This season I have planted four varieties of meaty tomatoes for canning, as well as some sweet bell peppers (they haven't sprouted yet).  The garlic I planted a week or two ago in the garden has taken hold and are growing.  Their shoots are up about three inches and looking good. 

We have enlarged the garden area again this year and I can't wait to begin planting my remaining seeds.... corn, beans, squash, etc.

No comments: