Monday, April 21, 2014

New babies in the Hen House

It is so cute to see little chicks again.  My four youngest grandsons  ages 2,4,6 and 8, wanted to surprise me today with something special.  Along with their mom, they came to visit and take me shopping to the Tractor Store to buy some baby chicks for me and grandpa.  The boys were so pleased with themselves and excited to have more chicks in the hen-house.  Grandpa doesn't know yet about the surprise, but he will be pleased.  We know at least four of the 8 chicks are pullets, White Leghorns.  The other four will be a "wait and see" to find out their breed and genders.  Some of the names selected by the boys are:  Thunder, Lightening, and Anna (as in Anna from the movie Frozen).  At this time I have no idea how the boys will tell them all apart, especially since only one has an identifiable feature, a prominent red dot on top of the head.

Gotta love the grands!

No comments: